Our strength lies in our volunteer community. Make a difference in the global conversation by joining our team as a volunteer author or translator.
Are you a keen analyst of social media, independent media or blogs about a region or country that is largely ignored or misrepresented by traditional media? Then apply to join our volunteer team of writers by filling out this form.
Our stories are translated into Spanish, Chinese, French, Arabic and all the languages you can see in the header at the top of this website! If you are multilingual and would like to join our impressive translator team, fill out this form.
If your language is missing from the lineup, you can even volunteer to start a new Lingua website, and build your own team.
- Global Voices Style Guide: This wiki explains how you can write stories that will be published on our site. It goes into the stylistic aspects of effective news writing and explains our ideal story structure with advice on crafting share-worthy and search-friendly headlines and leads, vetting videos or photos and commentary and adding context. It also gives some details about special situations and why we follow both US and UK English.
- GV Story Checklist: A handy rundown of the elements that a story must have.
- News Writing Checklist: Another useful briefing of the important elements of news writing.
- Global Voices Posting Guide: This wiki explains the technical aspects of writing Global Voices stories on WordPress. It goes into details about text formatting and how to add videos, photos, and social media quotes with copyright and attribution information, along with categories and excerpts to our stories.
- Global Voices Translation Guide: This wiki welcomes new translators with information to get them familiar with the GV way and offers technical advice on using WordPress to create translations, localizing content, translating non-English posts, and other formatting considerations.
- Edit Request Form: If an author or translator spots an error in a post or would like to make changes to their posts after publishing, you should fill out this form.