What does the world think of President Barack Obama four years later?
This year we saw none of the global euphoria over the United States election on November 6, 2012 that we saw when Obama first rose to power. Back then there was so much activity, Global Voices even had a dedicated website called Voices without Votes. Tempered by the reality of economic crisis, drones and wars, world citizens now look to the United States with some degree of hope but also trepidation.
On Obama's Victory
- US Drones Hit Yemen a Day After Obama Won
- A New Start for Barack Obama in Africa?
- Israeli Netizens Celebrate Romney's Defeat
- US Presidential Election Resonates in Zimbabwe
- India Reacts to the Re-Election of US President Barack Obama
- Russians React to Obama's Reelection
- Iran: Netizens Reflect on Four More Years for Obama
- The Bahamas: U.S. Election Result Sign of a Global Shift?
- Barack Obama Reelected and Favored Among Latino Voters
- U.S. Policy Toward Latin America After the Election
- Arab World: What will Change with Obama's Re-Election?