This year marks the 20th anniversary of World AIDS Day (December 1). More than 33 million people live with the HIV/AIDS virus, and at least 2 million have died in the past year. Bloggers around the world play an important part in keeping awareness about HIV/Aids alive.
Blogging Positively Around the World
Global Voices bloggers have created a map of HIV positive bloggers who bravely defy stigma and taboo to communicate their situation to the rest of the world. It's best viewed in a large format.
It's a work in progress. If you have suggestions for links to add, please email Global Public Health Editor, Juhie Bhatia.
To embed this map on your own website or blog, just visit the map on Google Maps and find the “embed” code.
Posts about HIV/Aids on Global Voices
Dec 03 – HIV & AIDS: Creative awareness raising campaigns
Dec 02 – Armenia: World AIDS Day Observed
Dec 01 – Jamaica: World AIDS Day
Dec 01 – Madagascar: Fighting complacency on World AIDS Day
Dec 01 – Taiwan: HIV+ Bloggers’ Love for Life
Dec 01 – China: AIDS blogger Li-xiang's unextraordinary life
Nov 29 – Mozambique: Different views of condom use in Africa
Nov 27 – AIDS awareness through video
Nov 08 – Obama's Victory: A Boost for Global Health?
Nov 02 – South Africa: Using Cell Phones To Combat AIDS
Apr 18 – AIDS – A Taboo in the Arab World
Oct 19 – South Africa: A New Era In The Fight Against AIDS?
Oct 07 – Iran: Two Leading HIV/Aids physicians remain in prison
Sep 20 – Russia: Intravenous Drug Use Leading Cause of HIV/AIDS
Aug 25 – Cambodia: Sex workers, 100% condom use
Aug 16 – AIDS 2008: Lifting the Travel Ban on HIV-Positive People
Jul 19 – India: Should Pre-Marital HIV Testing Be Mandatory?
- Chinese React to Angelina Jolie's Mastectomy
- Japan's Pregnancy Handbook Plan Forgets Men
- Trinidad & Tobago: Smoking Ad Loophole
- Remembering Dennis Kimambo
- Avoid Mycetism, Mushroom Pickers!
- Shanghai is China's Number One Cancer City
- Peru: A Little Girl's Sacrifice
- Australia: National Disability Insurance Scheme Funding At Last
- No Taxis for the Blind in Singapore?
- Marijuana in China
- Ukrainian Lawmakers Propose to Ban Abortions
- Public Trust Wiped Away; Jamaicans at Risk from Tainted Toilet Paper
- Mapping Tool to Track Insecticide-Resistant Mosquitoes
- Bhutan's Alcohol Problem
- Monsanto Nominated for Puerto Rico's Agricultural Hall of Fame
See our Special Coverage of the AIDS 2008 conference that took place in Mexico City in August 2008.