On November 26, 2008 the city of Mumbai in India came under attack in at least seven different locations in an unprecedented sort of terror. A combination of gun fire, blasts, grenade blasts have been used to attack cinema halls, hotels, hospitals, and other public places. According to media sources 26 armed terrorists came to Mumbai in rubber boats and landed at the Gateway of India. They captured vehicles from the street on gun-point and moved to various targets which included Taj Mahal Hotel, Oberoi Trident Hotel, Ramada Hotel, restaurant Leopold Cafe, Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) railway station, Metro movie hall, Cama Hospital, police headquarters and other prominent places in the city.
The terrorists so far killed 195 people and injured more than 300. Media reports say that the terrorists searched for British and US nationals in the hotels and at least 100 people have been held hostage at the Taj Mahal and Oberoi Trident hotels.
An organization called Deccan Mujahideen has taken responsibility for the attack. The police have seized the boats which carried the terrorists.
Global Voices coverage about the Mumbai attacks
Dec 1 – Israel: Mourning Mumbai
Dec 1 – India: Poets on Mumbai Terror
Nov 29 – Pakistan: Blame Game On Mumbai Terror – The Blogosphere Speaks
Nov 29 – India: Kashmir and Mumbai
Nov 28 – Caribbean: Watching Mumbai
Nov 28 – Mumbai and Terror: The Day After
Nov 28 – Israel: Updates on the Chabad Home Hostage Operation in Mumbai
Nov 28 – India: Who are they, and what is the Media saying?
Nov 28 – India: Mistakes, Media and Mumbai
Nov 27 – Mumbai: The Taj Hotel Burns
Nov 27 – War, Terror and Mumbai
Nov 27 – Middle East: Mumbai Terror Attack “Crazy and Inhumane”
Nov 27 – Israel: Sending Help and Sympathy to Mumbai
Nov 27 – Terror in Mumbai: Theories, strategies and more Media
Nov 27 – Pakistan: Blogosphere Stands United With India Against Terrorism
Nov 27 – India: Political will, terrorism and Mumbai
Nov 27 – India: Twitting The Terror
Nov 27 – India: Media, Mumbai and Terror Attacks
Nov 27 – Bangladesh: Bangla blogs react to the Mumbai terror attacks
Nov 27 – Middle East: Shock and Anger at Mumbai Terror Attacks
Nov 26 – India: Terror attacks continue in Mumbai
Nov 26 – India: First photographs of Mumbai blasts on Flickr
Nov 26 – India: Blasts, Gunfire and Terror in Mumbai
Dec 2 – India: Mumbai Limps Back To Life
Dec 1 – Jamaica, Bermuda: Quotes on Mumbai
Dec 1 – India: Will Mumbai Be The Same Again?
Dec 1 – India: Perspectives On The Mubai Attack
Nov 30 – The Baltics, India: “The Dangers of Turning a Minority into an Underclass”
Nov 29 – India: Advice from a Sri Lankan
Nov 29 – India: Interview With The Mumbai Terrorists
Nov 28 – Madagascar: Designer is one of the victims of the Mumbai Attacks
Nov 28 – Pakistan: In solidarity with Mumbai
Nov 28 – India: A Muslim Speaks
Nov 28 – India: Responding To The Terrorist Attacks
Nov 28 – India: Lack of Original Citizen Media Reporting
Nov 28 – Two Egyptian Hostages in Mumbai
Nov 27 – India: Updates On Hostage Situation
Nov 27 – India: Where Is The Leadership?
Nov 27 – India: Sensationalism of TV Media
Nov 27 – India: List of casualties in Mumbai attacks
- Wikipedia page on the November 26 Mumbai attacks
- Timeline: Two days of terror – The New York Times
- Timeline: Mumbai under attack – BBC
- Twitter feed for #mumbai (see live feed graphic below)
- Gauravonomics blog post rounding up citizen media responses to the attacks.
- List of blogs live Blogging the attacks at Gauravonomics Blog, Blog Adda and IndiBlogger.in
- Mumbai Help blog
- Mumbai Metblogs
- NowPublic coverage
- Coverage at Indian citizen media sites – Instablogs and Merinews
- Mahalo coverage
- GroundReport coverage
- Podcast by SAJA at Blog Talk Radio
- Mumbai terrorist attack map by GeoCommons
- Facebook groups:
# In Remembrance of the 11/26 Mumbai Bombings & All Those Affected
# In Honor of the Bombaby Blasts 11/26- 11/… : Wear a White Shirt on Monday Dec 1
- The Big Picture at Boston.com
- Flickr photoset by Soumik Kar
- Flickr photos from Vinu's Online Cloud
- Indian Army is now on Facebook
- Are Indian Companies “Land Grabbing” in Africa?
- No Women In Pubs In Andhra After 10 PM
- Muslim TV Anchor Faces Backlash in India Over ‘Uncivilized’ Veil Comment
- India Suffers from Bad Governance
- Documenting Cases Of Discrimination To End Untouchability
- Raped? Take Money, And Shut Up! Says Indian Police
- Indian Anti-Corruption Activist May Make Time's Most Influential List
- India's ‘Paradoxical’ Right To Property
- Students of Northeast India Protest Imposition of Hindi Language
- Al Jazeera: Amplifying (Global Voices) Women's Voices
- Dear Xenophobic Policeman, Fancy a Drink?
- Can India Win The Fight Against Tuberculosis?
- Fixing Water Taps to Save Water In India
- Brides Traded In India As Sex Commodities