On July 2, 2008, Colombian security forces launched a rescue operation that successfully freed 15 hostages taken by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). Among the liberated were former presidential candidate Íngrid Betancourt, 11 members of the Colombian security forces and 3 U.S. citizens.
Colombia rescue coverage from Global Voices
- Update on Colombia Peace Process
- Latin American Congress of Living Cultures
- Freedom of the Press in Colombia
- #FLISOL 2013: Hundreds of Latin Americans Installing Free Software
- Peace Demonstrations Kick Off in Colombia
- Colombians to March for Peace
- Colombia: No to Army Raids
- Colombia's Indigenous Set Development Goals
- The State of Torture in the World in 2013
- Coffee Growers’ Strike: The Crisis Behind Colombian Coffee
Photo by h de c and used under a Creative Commons license.
Photo by Kiki's Photos and used under a Creative Commons license.