Global warming is already a life and death matter for many world citizens. Without new political solutions, the environmental crisis will grow beyond control. From 3-14 December representatives of more than 180 countries are meeting at a UN Summit in Bali, Indonesia to discuss a successor agreement to the Kyoto Protocol.
Environmental bloggers around the world share their experiences and views on the policies that make sense locally and globally.
Global Voices Timeline
Dec 14th – Environment: In Bali, an inconvenient proposal from the US
Dec 10 – Environment: Bali, Nuclear Energy & Green views from Africa
Dec 03 – Pre-conference views and first impressions of Bali
Dec 03 – Special Coverage: Climate Change 2007
- urban agriculture
- adaptation to climate change
- green bloggers unite!
- world habitat day
- you go, girl
- earth overshoot day
- flying close to the sun
- SA's own electric car
- ground zero for the climate change battle
- solar cars on show
- outmoding the commode
- old fridge design brought back to life
- crowdsourcing energy solutions
- how we get to work makes all the difference
- redneck mansion
- greening Africa
- fighting for air and water
- powering our way to extinction
- fossil fuel-free community planned in the US of A
Juliana Rotich is Global Voices’ Environment Editor.
Photo from Flickr user: Markus Vegas