We would like to offer our special thanks to:
- Global Voices was launched as a project of the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School. Their institutional and financial support made Global Voices possible.
- We are grateful to the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation for their ongoing support for our editorial staff.
- The Omidyar Network for their ongoing support of our administrative section, our editorial staff, and Rising Voices.
- The Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF), for their strategic planning and financial support. MDIF is a mission-driven investment fund for independent news outlets.
- The Open Society Institute supports Global Voices editorial projects, including RuNet Echo. They also support GV Advocacy, Rising Voices, the Technology for Transparency Network, our core operations, and our summit meetings.
- The Ford Foundation supports the Global Voices Lingua translation project, and research into its further development.
- The Dutch NGO Hivos is a major supporter of Global Voices Advocacy for online freedom of speech, Lingua, and our editorial staff.
- Special thanks to the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation for support to create Rising Voices, and for funding Global Voices’ US$10,000 Knight-Batten Innovations Award in September, 2006.
- Reuters was our flagship editorial supporter for several years, and is presently an editorial partner.
- Global Voices would also like to thank our other donors, and sponsors and supporters, including: Google, the Adessium Foundation, Matt Mullenweg, the McCormick Foundation, Ars Electronica, The New World Foundation, The Arca Foundation, Yahoo!, the European Journalism Centre, ifocos, and Outblaze.
With the power of Podio, our free project management software, our team can effectively work together from anywhere, to escape email overload, alleviate document chaos and much more. Get structured with Podio's easily modified workspaces and apps, so you and your team can work the way you want to.
Become a Global Voices Funder
If you are interested in helping fund Global Voices’ mission to aggregate, curate, and amplify the global conversation online, please email our Executive Director, Ivan Sigal.