- Global Voices - http://globalvoicesonline.org -
Submit Cartoons on NSA Surveillance and Win $1000
Written by Solana Larsen On 3 February 2014 @ 11:13 am | 10 Comments
In Arts & Culture, Digital Activism, Humor, Quick Reads, Technology
The Web We Want  invites cartoonists, creatives and artists to join The Day We Fight Back  on February 11, 2014 by creating an original cartoon about online surveillance and the right to privacy. The cartoons should help increase awareness about the NSA and demand accountability for mass digital surveillance in a way that makes people want to click and share.
Deadline for submissions is February 8.
1st place: USD $1000
2nd place: USD $500
3rd Place: USD $250
1. Anyone can participate.
2. By submitting the work, the author agrees that it is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution Share Alike license. There is no limit of submissions per author.
3. The Author will provide a name or pseudonym to the submission. Further personal details will be requested for the winners – but their real name will remain private upon request of the author.
4. The winners will be announced on February 11, 2014. The winner will be picked by members of the Web We Want Executive Committee.
5. The award will be transferred to the winners within 30 days after the announcement.
1. By email: send your cartoon – high definition, .jpg, .pdf, .svg or .png to
email@example.com SUBJECT: Cartoon by February 8th.
2. By Twitter: Tweet your uploaded image to @webwewant with the hashtag #webwewant
3. Adding your nationality and country of origin is optional but highly encouraged.
Article printed from Global Voices: http://globalvoicesonline.org
URL to article: http://globalvoicesonline.org/2014/02/03/submit-cartoons-on-nsa-surveillance-and-win-1000/
URLs in this post:
 Image: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/donkeyhotey/10627956155/
 The Web We Want: https://webwewant.org
 The Day We Fight Back: https://thedaywefightback.org/
Licensed Creative Commons Attribution, 2008 Global Voices Online. See attribution policy for details: http://globalvoicesonline.org/about/global-voices-attribution-policy