1) the protection of indigenous territory;
2) indigenous self-government;
3) the self-development of indigenous communities on the basis of equilibrium and harmony;
4) free, prior and informed consent as a condition for developments on indigenous land; and
5) the ‘institutional redesign’ of the state in its relations with indigenous peoples.
Colombian indigenous organizations have presented five new development goals in response to the Millennium Declaration. Read more about these goals in a post by Robin Llewellyn at Intercontinental Cry.